Automated Testing – Top Reasons To Go For It
As a business owner, it is obvious that you already understand that there are various business investments that do not pay off immediately but in the future. One of such investments is website automated testing. Even as a small business owner, you can start off on the right path by opting for automated testing. Yes, if yours is a small website, it might be easy to manually catch bugs and at the same time tackle them. What then happens when your business grows and your site becomes more complex? With the several enhancements made to your site, it becomes very difficult to manually test it and at the same time, ensure its reliability.
How it works
When manual testing is carried out, several man hours are spent, aside from the energy expended. With automated testing, it is a whole different input and output. The software runs several varied but defined actions. It compares the achieved results with the expected behavior. Then these reports are displayed to the engineer. Over time, these tasks can be repeated and at the same time, extended in such ways that cannot be achieved through manual testing. This is why automated testing has continued to be faster and more reliable.
What’s in it for your business?
In this era of internet, a higher proportion of people carry out their shopping and business transactions online, either through computers or handheld devices. Among these two options, handheld devices are in the lead since it enables consumers to shop for products and services on the go. So, if you wish for your business to flow with this global trend of online shopping and business transactions, then you should do the needful – ensure that your website is up to date through automated testing.
Breaking it down, here are some of the benefits of opting for automated testing. They are as follows:
- Less Time Consuming: Automated testing makes it possible for your website’s functionality to be determined in just a few hours, as against the several hours that manual testing would have consumed.
- Determines Compatibility: Through automated testing, your website’s compatibility with the various browsers is determined. If there is a hitch, it is corrected and retested.
- Easily Checks and Corrects Screen Resolution: Since most consumers browse from handheld devices, automated testing effectively checks for screen resolution to ensure that displays fit in properly on any device used by a potential customer or client. It also reduces loading time.
- Considerable Return On Investment: With manual testing, you incur increased costs every now and then as your business grows but when you start off with automated testing, it is a one-time investment that will continue to pay off.
- Easily Detects Minute Changes: When there are issues that are not easily detectable by human eyes, automated testing is there to solve the problem. This includes change in font, color, and others.
So, if you are a business owner that is getting ready to have a website built, you already own one or planning on migrating, automated testing would help your business thrive and be more responsive.